|Estimated Reading Time: 8 minutes|
A grandmother's story, doctor's advice, or TV advertisements will motivate you to take advantage of baby massage oils. However, have you ever considered how these massages with baby oil can benefit your little one? With many brands, picking which oil is generally safe for your baby's fragile skin is hard.
Some massage oils contain essential oils, which help give your baby the right skincare. Massage oils can relax your baby, help them sleep well at night, and also help them relax.
If you're a new mom or mother-to-be, here is everything you should know about massaging your infant and the baby oil.
Table of Content:
Benefits of Baby oil massaging for Babies
The benefits of baby oil massage include hydration, stimulation of growth, and relaxation of your baby's muscles, which allows them to sleep soundly, as well as nourishing skin care for the baby.
- You and your child's bond improves with massage, which activates different functions in your child. Physical contact and massage stimulate the senses, develop attachment, and produce oxytocin, a hormone associated with attachment.
- You can soothe your baby's skin with a delicate massage and even nourish her belly with a gentle massage.
- A baby massage can also strengthen bones.
- It improves sleep, tones his body, supports his immune system, improves blood circulation, and promotes baby’s brain development.
- Massage prevents gas and stomach discomfort in infants.
- Likewise, it helps with sinus drainage and clogs.
- Baby skin benefits from oil massage as it keeps it moist and reduces dryness.
- Additionally, it prevents infections and other skin conditions from occurring on your baby's skin.
- Performing massages on a child strengthens their muscles.
- A massage can enhance a baby's sleep cycle by teaching him to relax, which leads to longer, deeper sleep.
- A massage can help them gain weight and improve digestion.
- Baby Massage is a way to comfort and love your child, so take the time to do it with tenderness.
- Reduces stress in infants by calming them down.
- Using baby massage oil daily will make your infant more active and alert. As a result, they will sleep better at night. This is why using baby massage oil will help your infant cry less and feel less stressed.
Massage your baby with nourishing baby oil free from harmful and harsh chemicals, parabens, sulfates, silicones, minerals, and allergens. If you want to start massaging your baby after the first week of birth, remember how your baby feels before you begin massaging him. In addition to bonding with your baby, massages can also help them develop and grow. Massages can also comfort and relax both of you.
How to use Baby Oil for Massage?
You must take special care of your baby's health and baby's skin as it is fragile and vulnerable. A child's skin is immature for up to 2 years. It has difficulty protecting itself from environmental aggressions like the cold, wind, sun, and dry air. As a result, it is easily irritated.
The first time, a massage lasts only a few minutes, then as the child gets used to it, it lasts longer. As a newborn gets used to a massage, it can last for as long as 15 minutes.
Using baby oil for massage is easy if you follow these tips -
1. Warm the oil gently for a baby massage
2. Put a few drops of oil between your palms and rub
3. In a large circular motion, massage the oil gently into the skin
4. Using a small amount of oil, massage the tummy, back, and legs of your baby
5. While massaging your baby, wrap your hands completely around them.
When you massage your child, singing to or talking gently to them is beneficial
What are the best times to give a massage to your Baby?
It is important to use the right baby massage oil. Massaging your baby with baby oil will maintain its softness, suppleness, and comfort daily! A baby massage oil must be tested under dermatological and pediatric conditions to ensure it is suitable for babies.
Using baby massage oil at the following times is ideal -
- You should choose a time when your baby is awake and relaxed.
- When it is time to go to bed
- It is important to massage babies after bathing to prolong the relaxing effects.
- When the weather is cold and dry, baby massage oil is best for use in winter because of its healthy ingredients.
If your baby sleeps or cries, make sure you avoid massaging them.
Best massage oils for Babies
As a natural moisturizer and growth promoter, oils help strengthen and nourish your baby's skin.
- Coconut oil: The antioxidant and antimicrobial properties of coconut oil protect, strengthen, and moisturize the skin.
- Sunflower oil: As a skin moisturizer and antioxidant, sunflower oil strengthens the immune system and promotes healthy skeletal growth in babies.
- Castor oil: When your baby's skin is dry, castor oil is a great remedy.
- Sesame seed oil: Sesame seeds can strengthen your bones and muscles.
- Olive oil: Providing your baby with protection and hydration is olive oil, also known as liquid gold.
- Sweet almond oil: The use of sweet almond oil reduces the likelihood of rashes, eczema, soreness, and dryness, and and keeps the baby skin healthy.
- Ashwagandha oil: With Ashwagandha oil, your child will gain strength, vigor, and calmness. It nourishes their body, helps relieve muscle imbalances, and promotes body health.
- Turmeric oil: Antioxidant and antimicrobial properties of turmeric oil protect and rejuvenate your baby's skin.
- Camphor oil: Camphor oilrelieves pain and congestion in the respiratory system.
- Brahmi oil: The nourishing properties of Brahmi oil contribute to the development of the baby's brain, assist in eye development, promote hair growth, soothe the skin, and promote good sleep.
- Basil oil: Basil oil soothes eczema and boosts elasticity and metabolism in the skin cells.
- Cinnamon oil: The rich aroma of cinnamon oil promotes a healthy immune system and circulation internally and topically, as well as relieving muscle and joint pain.
You should, however, choose a baby oil amalgamation that contains all of these oils, as that will keep your baby's skin nourished and moisturized and promote overall growth. Ensure the oil contains no fragrance and is gentle on your baby's skin.
Tips for massaging your Baby
For your child to get the most out of the massage, here are a few tips that will help them enjoy every minute of it –
1. You should cover your baby with a soft blanket if they are keeping cold, and remove only the body part you want to massage from the blanket.
2. As you will only use a diaper on your baby during the massage, ensure the room is warm enough. The room should also have soft lighting and be quiet.
3. The best way to change your baby is to lay it on a blanket on the floor or to place it on the changing table if you prefer to stay upright.
4. Keep your baby's skin as hydrated and healthy as possible by using a baby oil suited for the type of skin on your baby.
5. Your baby's skin might be scratched if you wear jewelry, so avoid wearing it.
What is the best natural Baby oil for massage?
Shubhr Almond Ghee Baby Massage Oil for growth and nourishment is the best natural baby oil for massage.
With 13 ayurvedic herbs, Shubhr Almond Ghee Baby Massage Oil combines the best of all words. In addition to organic Ghee, Shankhpushpi, Olive Oil, Coconut Oil, and other essential components specifically chosen for babies' delicate skin, this product helps grow and nourish. Regular massages with a non-staining, light oil will enhance your baby's health and well-being. The combination of oils is perfect for nourishing and improving the quality of your baby's skin.
It is 100% healthy and safe to use regularly for your baby care to promote healthy bone and muscle growth.
- Regular massage can help strengthen a baby's muscles and bones and nourish and soothe them.
- Natural moisturizing properties keep babies' skin supple, soft, and nourished.
- By massaging this baby oil into the baby's skin, the blood circulation, energy, and concentration of the baby will be improved, and the baby's mind and muscles will be relaxed.
- Organic Ghee: Ghee makes your baby's skin soft, supple, and healthy. It also improves memory, which will be helpful in the long run.
- Sesame Oil: It is loaded with vitamins A, B, and E, and it absorbs easily into a baby's skin. It also aids in calming a sleepy baby after a massage.
- Olive Oil: Baby skin will be soothed and lulled to sleep by its soothing properties. It has a regenerative effect on the skin tissues.
Final Thoughts -
The ancient practice of massaging babies with oil has become increasingly popular among parents, a soft and delicate tradition! Health professionals often emphasize the importance of massaging your baby as a way to build a strong relationship and help your baby grow and develop. Although baby massage oils are undoubtedly beneficial, using the right baby oil is an essential part of massaging them.
Recommended Products by Blue Nectar: